The Joint-Stock Company «Management Company of the Special Economic Zone International Center for Border Cooperation «Khorgos» (hereinafter – Management Company) was established in 2005 after the signing of the Intergovernmental Agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the PRC on the regulation of the activities of the Khorgos International Center for Cross-Border Cooperation (hereinafter – ICBC «Khorgos»).
The main activity of the Management Company is:
- creation, development and maintenance of the infrastructure of the Kazakhstani part of the ICBC «Khorgos»;
- interaction with government agencies and business entities operating on the territory of the Kazakhstani part of the ICBC «Khorgos» in order to achieve the goals of its creation;
- participation in the development and implementation of current and long-term development programs of the ICBC «Khorgos»;
- attracting potential investors to implement activities specified in the Agreement on the territory of the Kazakhstani part of the ICBC «Khorgos»;
- implementation of types of business activities specified by the Agreement and agreed with the authorized body for managing the Kazakhstani part of the ICBC «Khorgos».
Creation and developing of a new unique format of international cross-border cooperation in economics, tourism and culture by creating the necessary infrastructure and attracting investment.
- increasing investment attractiveness;
- development of tourism, including business tourism;
- developing export of services and goods;
- improving management standards;
- infrastructure development .;
- improving the social situation of the region;
- development of the border area between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the PRC.